The files created by the STEMFIE project are released under a Creative Commons license. The examples below explain how this project's files can be used.
- Downloading and sharing - All STEMFIE files are available free of charge for anyone to download, store, share, and print.
- Modification - Everyone can remix, adapt, or build upon the files and the STEMFIE standard. If you re-share your files and STEMFIE projects, please give them a short attribution in your own words by writing about the source: STEMFIE.org, and on social media, please consider using the hashtag #Stemfie3D. I appreciate your contributions to the STEMFIE construction set; please
- Saving costs - If you are a school or similar institution wanting to provide a new educational construction set toy, feel free to download and 3D-print STEMFIE parts and projects. You can produce as many as you want when you need them in your location.
- Commercial use (manufacturers) - If you are a manufacturer of products and are interested in the STEMFIE construction set toy, please
- Commercial use (individuals, schools, organizations, etc.) - If you are an individual acting in your hobby interest or are a part of an organization (schools, libraries, retirement homes, FabLabs, maker spaces, etc.), I highly encourage and support the commercial use of the STEMFIE project. Feel free to print and sell any STEMFIE parts and projects, as well as your creations; after all, you are feeding and taking care of your 3D printer! ;-) If you want to help improve and expand the STEMFIE project, please consider contributing.